Trouble remembering my url.... Now you can visit my blog just by going to this link : http://sampat.tk and you will be redirected to my blog... Keep visiting me :)
Mail your suggestions to : sampat.honey@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What you need for blogging ???

To be honest to all my readers, I came into the world of blogging approx. 3-4 months back... At that juncture, the only source of inspiration for me was Ravi Bhai. The day I saw his blog, my conscience said to me, " Why cant you take up the initiative ??? " This question intrigued my like anything. Then I stepped into blogging. All the time round, I felt " What is a good blog ? " .. Yesterday I came across a blogpost of Ravi Bhai (Oops! I am sorry.. Bhai means brother !!!). In that blogpost I came across some beautiful lines.. Thought of sharing this with my readers!!!

You don't need to be a good writer to be a good blogger !!!


Yes, its true.Many people don't venture into blogging since they consider themselves unfit writers. To your dismay, the reality is, visitors who want a great read, would rather go for a good book than read your blog. In fact, it advisable not to flaunt your "English" in your blog. This is because by doing so, you may risk by restricting yourself to a particular genre of readers.

If your effort and most importantly intent, is honest, your readers will forgive you for your lexical errors.

Good English, therefore is not at all necessary?

Its not an extreme necessity. But if you are gifted with good writing skills, that's a bonus and adds to your reputation.

Secondly, with blogs you can gradually grow as a writer. The best thing about writing is you pick up your skills only by writing. So make a conscious effort to improve your language gradually but you don't have to wait till you achieve that.


So what is the requisite for a good blog?

* Its the content, not the language which is of utmost importance. Content which most of the readers could relate to. Readers wouldn't be interested in knowing what you dreamt last night, or how you picked up a fight with your colleague.

* Try to write about something which they wouldn't find in regular newspapers, television. Express opinions that could be contrarian, but not just for the heck of it. They should be based on firm conviction.

* Make your posts short and crisp. Very few people have the patience to read the whole post even if the post is written by the President.


What is the key to survive in the blogging arena ?


Perseverance is the key. Keep posting regularly. Keep up the faith entrusted by your readers on you. If you are late with your pots, and you find visitors returning without finding anything new, humbly apologize.


What keeps me motivated?


* As the readership increases in numbers and you get to know that there are readers across the globe who check your blog, you owe them something.

* User comments also keeps me motivated. I survive on comments and followers. Many readers are not aware of this, though they are your faithful readers. So make it a point to let them know, that you would appreciate their comments after they read your post.


How else has it helped me?

It makes me a keen observer. You start marveling at absurdities of life and see a story to post. You open up the clogged faculties of your mind. In short you become creative.

CLICK HERE TO SEE RAVI BHAI'S POST

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP