Trouble remembering my url.... Now you can visit my blog just by going to this link : http://sampat.tk and you will be redirected to my blog... Keep visiting me :)
Mail your suggestions to : sampat.honey@gmail.com

Monday, November 24, 2008

Shutdown Your Pcs and Laptops More Faster

Well we all know turning on and turning off a PC or a Laptop takes a lot of time. So if we come to know how to save the time than it can of great importance.

So let’s see how to shutdown PC or Laptop faster:

1) Click START and select RUN. Type regedit to bring up the registry editor.

2) Export your registry backup in case you mess up anything. Its not really anything serious but at least you can bring back the settings in case you wander off from the guide.

3) Find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control

4) Click on Control folder and you can see a parameter ‘WaitToKillServiceTimeout’.

5) Click on the above parameter. A tag will appear where you have to enter a low value as shown. (Enter in between 1000 to 3000)

6) Restart the PC or Laptop so as to load the new registry value.
Now you can see the result for yourself.

Remember Express Shutdown won’t corrupt the Operating System in the long run.

You can also reboot down fast by typing this in the Run box:

shutdown -t 0 -r

-t switch tells the system how long to wait before shutting down and -r means reboot.

2 comments:

Tito Pat Tuesday, November 25, 2008  

hey gorgeous, can I have your feed? So that I can be your follower blog. My second question is how can I put smilies on your comment box? One programmer told me to fix my IMEG but didn't elaborate any further. They have some topic but don't work at all. -Tito Pat

Sampat Patnaik Tuesday, November 25, 2008  

Hey sure, love to have you... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP